CoreTherm is a highly effective, office-based alternative to surgery to treat Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH). The treatment takes approximately 6-15 minutes and offers proven long-term symptom relief. Scientific studies show CoreTherm is as effective after five years as more radical procedures, such as transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP), with fewer side effects and no hospitalization required.
CoreTherm gives you real-time information about the effectiveness of the procedure during the treatment itself so you can customize and modify treatment based on each patient’s unique needs.
CoreTherm includes several unique features proprietary to the CoreTherm that provide significant clinical advantages:
- Schelin Catheter offers very effective pain relief and reduces blood flow in the prostate to reduce treatment times dramatically. The actual treatment time is 6-15 minutes, which provides an efficient workflow for the physician and more comfort for the patient.
- Individualized cell-kill calculation gives you the benefit of total control of the thermal dose delivered, which you can customize each patient.
- Real-time temperature measurements, as well as safety temperature sensors in the urethra, rectum and penis, enable you to closely monitor and track what is happening for maximum patient safety
- Evidence based treatment with large volume of high quality data, proven reliability and long-term symptom relief gives you confidence you are providing the best option for non-surgical candidates or those with mixed results from medications.
CoreTherm offers an alternative for many patients with large prostate to avoid prostatectomy or those who have no options other than life-long catheterization, including patients too fragile for surgery or having various contra-indications to surgery such as those taking anti-coagulant medication (e.g., Warfarin).
The primary patient categories are:
- Patient with moderate to severe symptoms of BPH.
- Surgical candidate with small to large and very large prostate (>80g) to avoid complex surgery as prostatectomy.
- High-risk patients unsuitable for surgery.
- Patients with chronic urinary retention (indwelling catheterization or CIC).
- Patients on anti-coagulant medication (such as Warfarin), no need to stop/change.
CoreTherm is the only thermal therapy available with the patented feedback system. It is a safe and effective therapy that meets the requirements of patients seeking a long-lasting solution for symptom relief.
CoreTherm can be performed as an outpatient treatment and the patient can normally go home directly after the procedure is concluded.